J&T Bank and Trust Inc. is a Barbados domiciled International Bank offering a variety of tailored wealth management solutions to high net worth individuals and corporations. Areas of service include trust services, corporate management and administration, client accounting, investment management, private banking and mutual fund management and administration.
We are seeking a suitably qualified individual to fill the post of Compliance Administrator. This function reports to the Compliance Manager.
Primarily providing support to the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Administrator monitors the bank’s activities to ensure compliance with all necessary laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures. Additionally, this role also provides support with monitoring and management of risk within the Bank.
- Keep abreast of all relevant laws and regulations and ensure the Bank’s compliance with any new or modified regulations that may have an impact on the operation
- Ensure the observation of banking, trust and investment policies and procedures are maintained across the Bank, through testing, monitoring and analysing, and make recommendations for enhancements to the compliance program where possible
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues and report findings to the Compliance Manager and assist with addressing the areas of non-compliance
- Assist with the development and implementation of training programmes to educate employees on the regulations and the impact of non-compliance
- Work collaboratively with all departments to create a culture of compliance and risk awareness
- Employ a proactive approach to identify potential areas of risk exposure both internally and externally, and assist in the development and implementation of action plans
- Provide guidance to the lines of business and support units with the performance of their risk assessments
- Assist in the completion of all relevant reporting including management reporting to senior management of risk and compliance related matters
- A Bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance or a similar field
- A certificate in compliance and or risk management would be an asset
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in compliance within a financial, banking or investment institution
- Excellent numeric skills
- A positive can-do attitude and willing team player is essential
- Demonstrable critical thinking and research and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
To apply, please submit your resume here to the attention of Niska Best, Human Resources Advisor No later than February 22nd, 2018