Scotiabank has been recognized by Global Finance magazine as the 2016 Best Consumer Digital Bank in Barbados. The bank has also won the award in Canada and 21 other countries across the Caribbean and Latin America. The announcement comes on the heels of Scotiabank receiving the award for Best Digital Strategy of 2016 by Retail Banker International.
“We are very proud to have been recognized by Global Finance for the digital solutions we offer to our customers across the Caribbean, Latin America and Canada,” said Ignacio (Nacho) Deschamps, Group Head, International Banking and Digital Transformation. “At Scotiabank, one of our top priorities is to make it easier for customers to do business with us by becoming the leading digital bank in the markets where we operate.”
Scotiabank is undergoing a digital transformation to meet the changing expectations of customers. Key highlights include:
- Launching a new online and mobile banking platform across our Latin America and Caribbean countries to make it easier for our customers to do business with us and drive digital sales. Introducing new digital branches in Mexico City and Canada.
- Creating the Scotiabank Digital Factory, a stand-alone organization focused exclusively on delivering digital customer solutions.
- Appointing Shawn Rose as Executive Vice President, Digital Banking.
- Creating the Scotiabank Digital Banking Lab at Western University’s Ivey Business School, and the Scotiabank Centre for Customer Analytics at Queen’s University Smith School of Business.
- Partnering with Kabbage, a leading financial technology and data company in the online lending business, to provide small business customers in Canada and Mexico with a new, streamlined digital lending experience.
Scotiabank also won in two international regional subcategories: Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site and Best Mobile Banking App. Scotiabank also won in six regional subcategories in Canada: Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site, Best Mobile Banking App, Best Online Deposits, Credit and Investment Product Offerings, Best Bill Payment and Presentment, and Best Website Design.
Winning banks were selected based on the following criteria: strength of strategy for attracting and servicing digital customers, success in getting clients to use digital offerings, growth of digital customers, breadth of product offerings, evidence of tangible benefits gained from digital initiatives, and web/mobile site design and functionality.
Scotiabank has been consistently recognized as the Best Consumer Internet Bank or Best Consumer Digital Bank by Global Finance since 2009, demonstrating its strength in digital banking and commitment to its Latin America and Caribbean operations.
Article compliments The Barbados Advocate.