The Barbados International Business Association (BIBA) is a private sector organisation comprising companies engaged in international business in Barbados, and companies which are otherwise strategically associated with this sector. It provides a network for meetings and exchange among its members, and between its members and the wider business community. BIBA serves as a growing voice in the development of international business in Barbados and represents over 180 member firms.
The Barbados International Business Association has eight main goals:
- To be the industry voice to the Barbados Government and community.
- To provide a forum for exchanges of information and ideas among members.
- To ensure our members’ professional and personal interests are adequately served.
- To be the catalyst for creating and maintaining private and public sector unity in the effort to develop Barbados i.e. Team Barbados or Barbados Inc.
- To liaise with and facilitate the work of the relevant Government Ministries, statutory bodies and other organizations involved in the development and regulation of international business in Barbados. BIBA works closely with our Invest Barbados, our key strategic partner.
- To be an invaluable partner to the Government of Barbados in the development efforts of the country.
- To be an authority and major source of information on matters related to international business.
- To be a major point of contact for helpful advice and orientation of new investors to the island.
The Association has a full time Secretariat with an Executive Director, an Executive Assistant, Marketing and Communications Officer and an Office Assistant to ensure the efficient conduct of the members’ business.
The day-to-day operations of BIBA are overseen by an Executive Committee consisting of, the President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Executive Director, Treasurer and Secretary.
The Executive Committee reports to the Board of Directors which comprises 14 elected persons, including the officers identified above, and the past President (Ex-Officio). All directors are elected by the membership at the Association’s annual general meeting.
Within the Association, there is flexibility to allow membership groups to work in committees in their individual areas of interest: Legal profession, Insurance, Banking, Marketing and Communications, Tax and Service Providers/IBC.
- Ability to offer input into laws, regulations and policy decisions affecting international business
- Access to valuable sources of information and analysis of developments in the international business sector
- Attractive medical plan available to all members in good financial standing
- Evidence of having ‘mind and management’ in Barbados
- Listing in the on-line BIBA members’ directory
- Being kept informed of local and selected international fora on current topics of relevance to the international business sector
- Networking opportunities with local and international contacts
- Ability to post free vacancy advertisements
- Ability to post press releases of business or corporate developments on BIBA website at preferential rates
- Discounted rate on advertisements of items or services on offer
- Opportunities to attend local and selected international fora on current topics of relevance to the international business sector at preferential rates.
Please also find here:
- A copy of the Association’s By-Laws
MEMBER SUBSCRIPTIONS (all prices in BDS $)
Application Fee (non-refundable) $200
1 – 5 employees
$1,250.00 per annum + 17.5% VAT
6 – 10 employees
$2,500.00 per annum + 17.5% VAT
More than 10 employees
$4,200.00 per annum + 17.5% VAT
Since the membership year ends on March 31st, new applications are pro-rated quarterly from April 1st in each year as received. Receipts are issued on request only.
Should you have any questions pertaining to the Association, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Download our Membership form Membership_Application.